Amador County Public Health reports two additional cases of COVID-19: one in a male in his 60s who is resident of Pioneer and another in a male in his 50s from Ione.
All close personal contacts have been contacted and will be monitored by the Health Department. The Amador County Public Health COVID-19 webpage has been refined to include gender and age demographics. As the case flow has increased in our community, this site will serve as the primary source of updated COVID-19 case information. Daily case counts will not be issued via press release. The website will be updated as new cases are confirmed: https://www.amadorgov.org/services/covid-19
The webpage may be easily accessed by visiting the Amador County website and clicking on the red banner at the top of the page: https://www.amadorgov.org/
Total positive COVID-19 cases in Amador to date = 35.
Total active cases = 15.
Total recovered = 20.
Multiple surrounding counties are experiencing dramatic case increases. The Amador community should keep in mind the importance of individual actions to help slow the spread of this disease and to protect ourselves and our families:
• Indoor interaction is more risky than outdoor.
• Avoid group gatherings.
• Limit the number of others you interact with outside your household.
• Stay home if you are sick.
• When you go out, practice social distancing, wear a face covering, and wash your hands as soon as possible afterward.
• Avoid unnecessary travel.
• Regularly clean high-touch surfaces.