As of Saturday, August 1, 2020, Amador County Public Health (ACPH) reports 5 additional COVID-19 cases in Amador County since the Friday, July 31, 2020, report.
The additional cases are listed as:
• 3 males / 2 females
• Location of additional cases: Jackson: 3 / Ione: 0 / Pine Grove: 1 / Pioneer: 0 / Plymouth: 1 / Sutter Creek or Amador City: 0 / Volcano: 0
• Age of additional cases: 0-17: 0 / 18-49: 1 / 50-64: 1 / 65+: 3
• Current Hospital cases have increased from 6 to 8 (since yesterday)
• Current active cases have increased by 2 (since yesterday)
• Total current active cases: 52
• Recovered cases or released from isolation: 3 (since yesterday)
• Total cases recovered or released from isolation: 74
• Total test results received in the last 14 days (July 19 - August 1): 1097
As of this report, the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) statistics chart lists no new COVID-19 cases for Mule Creek State Prison (MCSP) employees. Total employee numbers remain at 8 cases with 4 recovered and returned to work. Total inmate cases remain at 4 confirmed and 4 active.
Statewide, CDCR reports 8,184 total confirmed inmate cases of which 6,560 have recovered. There are 1,295 current active inmate cases of which 1,038 are new cases confirmed within the last fourteen days. There have been 47 inmate deaths. Of the total cases, 282 inmates have been released from custody while active with COVID-19.
As of July 31, 2020, statewide reports by CDCR list 1,820 cumulative staff/employee COVID-19 cases of which 1,049 are active cases with 771 employees recovered and returned to work. CDCR lists a total of 5 COVID-19 related deaths of employees, however, there are 6 listed by facility and date.
For MCSP and statewide facility data, visit the CDCR COVID-19 dashboard at: https://www.cdcr.ca.gov/covid19/.
Kit Carson Nursing Home and Rehabilitation Center currently lists the following COVID-19 numbers as of Friday, July 31, 2020:
• Current in-house positives: 18
• Hospitalized positives: 3 (1 additional since the 7/29/2020 report)
• Currently out-of-work positives: 12 (3 additional since the 7/29/2020 report)
• Recovered/returned to work: 9 (6 additional since the 7/29/2020 report)
Current staffing needs:
• 4 on-call CNAs
• 2 on-call LVNs
• 2 part-time RNs
The Ledger Dispatch will continue to provide updates as new case counts are added and updated on the ACPH statistic chart. There are no other details available for today’s additional cases. For additional Amador County COVID-19 information and data, please visit: https://www.amadorgov.org/services/covid-19.
Community members interested in testing for COVID-19 in Jackson or Kirkwood may book an online appointment at: https://www.projectbaseline.com/study/covid-19/. For questions, contact The Amador County Public Health Testing Helpline at (209) 223-6676.