Amador County, CA – Amador County Public Health reports five additional cases of COVID-19 in Amador County. Three of the new cases are adults in their 50s and 60s, 1 male and 2 female, plus 1 pediatric female, and 1 teenage male. Of these 3 were identified as a close contact to a prior case. The contact tracing continues to be underway. Close personal contacts of these cases will be monitored by the Health Department.
One of the cases is associated with a skilled nursing facility. Amador Public Health has been working with facility administration and staff who immediately enacted protocols to protect their residents. The facility continues to be fully compliant with the contact investigation and dedicated to enhanced protection protocol.
Total positive COVID-19 cases in Amador to date = 31.
Total currently in isolation at home = 12.
Total currently hospitalized in isolation = 1.
Total recovered = 18.
With the Fourth of July holiday weekend underway, Amador Public Health reminds residents to protect themselves and their family and to help slow the spread of this disease:
• Indoor interaction is more risky than outdoor.
• Avoid group gatherings.
• Limit the number of others you interact with outside your household.
• Stay home if you are sick.
• When you go out, practice social distancing, wear a face covering, and wash your hands as soon as possible afterward.
• Avoid unnecessary travel.
• Regularly clean high-touch surfaces.
• Persons over age 65 and those with chronic health conditions that put them at higher risk for severe COVID-19 should continue to stay home as much as possible.