End of summer Farmer’s Market is one of my favorite times of the year. I love listening to music, trying different restaurants, and wine tasting at the Plymouth Farmer’s Market.
My son loves Snow Cones and playing in the park for hours with all the kids in town. I look forward to buying Sunflowers, fresh tomatoes, and my favorite figs! Figs used to be intimidating because I had no clue what do with them, but over the years I’ve found some fantastic ways to use figs that I would like to share!
Fantastic Fig Ideas:
1. Prosciutto wrapped figs- just cut figs in half and wrap in prosciutto! A simple, but perfect combination of sweet and salty.
2. Chocolate Dipped Figs- cut figs in half and dip into melted chocolate. Dark chocolate works best. Lay on a piece of parchment paper to dry and sprinkle with sea salt for elevated flavor.
3. Dehydrated Figs- taste like candy! Clean, cut in half, and place in your dehydrator overnight. Store in an airtight container.
4. Honey Goat cheese Figs- stuff figs with soft goat cheese and drizzle with honey! Bake for a few minutes for a warm treat! Ricotta also works.
5. Make a simple fig preserve to enjoy with your toast. Recipe to follow next week!
6. Add to a cheese plate as the fresh fruit, dried fruit, or preserve. Delicious!
7. Add to yogurt with a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of slivered almonds.
8. Make a grilled cheese sandwich with brie, fig preserves, and bacon!
9. Mix a tablespoon of cream cheese with two tablespoons of whipped topping to use as a dip for your figs. Add honey if desired.