For those of you who don’t know yet, I am pregnant and one of my biggest pregnancy craving this time around is French Onion Dip! I’ve had store bought ready made dip, tried several mixes, and made my own! I’ve used sour cream , but recently switched up to Greek yogurt to make things a little healthier. My favorite part of French Onion Dip is of course the vehicle for the dip! This dip is perfect with pretzels, potato, tortilla, or pita chips, and most recently as a dip for veggies. I honestly can’t get enough of it and hope some of you will enjoy this homemade dip recipe from The Daring Gourmet.
4 teaspoons beef bouillon
2 tablespoons dried onion
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Add dried ingredients to 16 ounces of sour cream and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
1. Use a quality sour cream like Humboldt for full flavor.
2. Use plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream for more protein and a healthier dip. I enjoy Fage or Tillamook.
3. If the dip is too thick for you, add a small amount of milk until the dip is thinned out to your preference.