While Caramel apples are a treat that I will usually pay someone to make for me, I actually don’t mind making them. The process and the clean up can be messy, but making caramel apples can actually be pretty easy.
The most important thing is to make sure you don’t burn the caramel and to make sure you have a plan for any apples you don’t want to eat because they are addicting!
6 medium apples
6 popsicle sticks
1 bag Kraft caramel candy
2 tablespoons water
Melting white chocolate
1. Clean and dry all apples.
2. Insert popsicle stick into the bottom of the apple.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (also greasing the parchment paper with butter can help ensure the caramel doesn’t stick.
4. Heat caramels and water in a medium pot on medium heat. Stir constantly until caramel is melted without lumps.
5. Remove the pot from the heat and hold at an angle to make a bigger pool of caramel. One at a time swirl the apple in the caramel to coat thoroughly.
6. Place on the lined baking sheet and repeat until all apples have been dipped.
7. Allow to cool for at least one hour.
1. To make chocolate dipped apples, melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl after the apples have cooled. Heat in 30 second intervals until the chocolate is melted. Dip the apple straight down and swirl to coat. Place on the parchment paper.
2. If you’d like to top the chocolate in candy, cookies, or nuts, place your toppings on a plate and roll your apple directly after dipping it in chocolate.