This fresh pasta salad is perfect as a side dish to your grilled chicken, as a light lunch, or as a contribution to your next potluck. Make your own pesto if you have fresh basil you need to use from your garden or the farmer’s market. Enjoy!
16 ounces tortellini
1/2 cup pesto
16 ounces fresh mozzarella
1 pint grape tomatoes
1. Boil a medium pot of salted water.
2. Add tortellini and cook until it floats. Drain and set aside until it cools.
3. Cut mozzarella into small cubes and set aside.
4. Cut grape tomatoes in half and sprinkle with salt.
5. Combine mozzarella, tomatoes, tortellini, and pesto in a medium mixing bowl. Stir to coat.
6. Refrigerate for at least one hour, but ideally overnight so that the pesto can soak in for the best flavors!