The weather is really warming up now on our way to summer and it is time to hydrate! This is a simple and incredibly refreshing drink for a hot day. The trick is to get the right combination of watermelon and lime. The recipe below highlights watermelon, but with a squeeze of fresh lime that adds a zing. Enjoy!
1/4 cup watermelon juice
1/2 cup lime sparkling water
2 lime wedges
Handful of ice
A spring of mint (optional)
1. Pour watermelon juice and sparkling water into a cup.
2. Squeeze the juice from one lime wedge into the juice.
3. Add ice, lime wedge, and mint. Serve immediately!
1. If you don’t have watermelon juice, add a cup of watermelon chunks and lime juice to a blender. Blend until smooth and add mint and lime sparkling water.
2. You can add a teaspoon or two of sweetener if you’d like, but if you have a sweet watermelon you really don’t need to.
3. This is a great opportunity to use a sugar rimmed glass!