I haven’t felt inspired in the kitchen in a while, but lately I’ve been craving sushi constantly so I took a trip to an Asian market in Folsom called 99 Ranch Market and bought all the ingredients needed to make my own sushi at home. The most complicated part of making your own sushi is rolling it, which is why I’ve become fond of making sushi bowls. There is no need for seaweed or wrapping or cutting. You can add all your favorite sushi ingredients and eat with a fork! Make extras to enjoy later!
1 cup cooked rice
1/2 cup chopped crab sticks
2 tablespoons Sriracha mayo
4 tempura shrimp
1/2 avocado, sliced
Drizzle of Unagi sauce
Sprinkle of sesame seeds
1. Cook rice.
2. Cook shrimp in a small bit of oil on the stove top until crunchy. Move to a plate lined with paper towels to cool and drain.
3. Chop crab sticks and mix in a bowl with mayo.
4. Slice avocado.
5. When everything is ready, add 1/2 cup of cooked rice to the middle of the plate.
6. Add 1/4 cup crab mix to the top of the rice.
7. Add avocado slices and drizzle with mayo or Sriracha and unagi sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and add tempura shrimp.
1. Tempura shrimp can be found at almost any grocery store in the frozen seafood, but Grocery Outlet has really good ones!
2. While Japanese mayo is at Raleys or Safeway, Unagi sauce can be hard to find. It is available on Target.com or Amazon.com. There is also a market in Folsom called 99 Ranch Market where all these ingredients can be found!