A delightful autumn treat for pumpkin fans to enjoy with their morning coffee! The aroma alone is worth the effort of baking.
2 cups flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup pumpkin
2/3 cup milk
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2-1 cup milk chocolate chips
1. Combine all dry ingredients together (except chocolate chips) in a medium mixing bowl and mix.
2. Combine all wet ingredients and mix well.
3. Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
4. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Put into lined muffin tins and bake at 375 F for 18-22 minutes.
1. A double batch will make one large loaf or four small loaves. Bake loaves at 375 F for 45-60 minutes.
2. Use chocolate chunks instead of chips.
3. For a slightly different fall flavor, use cinnamon chips instead of chocolate!