Not much compares to a big traditional Thanksgiving dinner of juicy turkey, creamy mashed potatoes with rich turkey gravy, moist savory herb stuffing, and buttery rolls.
However, if you are looking for a fresh new dish to spruce up your holiday dinner, may I suggest starting with your potato side? It doesn’t change the integrity of the meal or take up more of your time. Below are some suggestions of delicious potato sides!
1. Smashed Potatoes- fluffy insides and crispy baked outside. Serve with a simple drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper or a loaded smashed potato with cheese, chives, and bacon.
2. Au Gratin Potatoes- a simple mix will make a delicious cheesy side of potatoes.
3. Twice Baked Potatoes- this one can take a little longer to make, but make extra and you’ll be able to have delicious potatoes all week!
4. Instead of gravy,
make an herb butter to serve on top of your potatoes and rolls!
5. Funeral potatoes are a crunchy, cheesy potato side that are very popular in the south and work great for breakfast the next day.
6. A regular baked potato is always a great side. Used herb butter on top or even whip up all the toppings for a loaded baked potato with plenty for leftovers the next day for lunch!
7. Instead of using only milk in your mashed potatoes, try sour cream or cream cheese. It’ll make them creamier!