Welcome to Giving Tuesday with the Ledger Dispatch “Support Local” listings. A FREE list of goods and services, updated daily, and available to the community during the COVID-19 pandemic. Goods and services are listed for both Amador & Calaveras Counties. Giving Tuesday highlights our local nonprofits and the foundations that support them. Throughout the year, our local nonprofits go above and beyond to help support us, to make this community a home for us all. Our local nonprofits need your support now more than ever. Giving Tuesday shines the spotlight on our local nonprofits. Please consider donating to any of our local nonprofits during this pandemic or to the Disaster Relief Funds set up by both Amador Community Foundation and Calaveras Community Foundation.
"It's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving." ~Mother Teresa
The “Support Local” list can be found pinned to the top of our Facebook page, on our website, under the “Support Local” tab, and in our Friday print editions of the Ledger Dispatch. Print space is limited so full a list may not be printed each week. However, all “Support Local” listings can be viewed in our print editions using the FREE Ledger Dispatch app (available in the Apple Store or Google Play Store). Use the app to scan the “Support Local” image that includes the LD app cellphone logo, and it will take you directly to the full listing on our website.
*Directions on how to submit a FREE listing can be found at the bottom of this list.
*FOOD ASSISTANCE - See the “Market Monday – Support Local” listing at: http://www.ledger.news/support_local/market-monday/article_1474b81c-7802-11ea-b425-539d77078ef8.html
(List updated May 22, 2020. Call before you go.)
• Amador County - The INTERFAITH FOOD BANK is in need of donations as the demand for services has increased. Donate online at www.feedamador.org. The Interfaith Food Bank Thrift Store will remain closed until it is safe to reopen. We will still be serving food to those who are in need at our Airport Road location located at 12181 Airport Rd., Jackson. Call 209) 267-9006.
• Serving Amador & Calaveras Counties - THE DENNIS DALTON FOUNDATION has temporarily closed. The goal of the Dennis Dalton foundation is to ensure that any Native American and/or low-income child in Amador County or Calaveras Counties, who has the desire to participate in organized sports, can do so regardless of their family’s financial status. To make donations visit www.thedennisdaltonfoundation.org. For updates, follow us on Facebook.
• Amador County – AMADOR COMMUNITY FOUNDATION is helping local nonprofits respond to COVID-19. The Foundation's Disaster Relief Fund will rapidly deploy resources to community-based organizations and help them swiftly and effectively address the effects of the COVID-19 outbreak and mitigation measures in Amador County. If you would like to make a donation to the ACF Disaster Relief Fund that assists our local nonprofits, please visit www.amadorcommunityfoundation.org.
• Calaveras County – CALAVERAS COMMUNITY FOUNDATION: CCF has put together a program that provides grants to local nonprofits providing support during the COVID-19 Stay-at-Home Order. If you're a nonprofit providing these services, please email: email@example.com or call (209) 736-1845 to find out how CCF Disaster Relief Fund can help you help the Calaveras community. This program is only for nonprofits as CCF is prohibited by the IRS from giving money directly to individuals. Individuals or businesses who would like to help CCF in this endeavor, have the opportunity to donate and join CCF in serving the Calaveras community get back on their feet. Donations may be sent by either sending a check to CCF at: PO Box 1436, Angels Camp, CA 95222, or via PayPal through their website: www.calaverascommunityfoundation.org. All donations are tax deductible to the extent provided by law. CCF’s tax ID number is 68-0472056.
DID YOU FIND WHAT YOU’RE LOOKING FOR? SEARCH OUR DAILY SUPPORT LOCAL
• MARKET MONDAY (Food Assistance, Gas Stations, Grocery)
• WELLNESS WEDNESDAY (Animals/Pets, Churches, COVID-19 Information, Fitness Centers, Medical Services/Emergencies/Mental Health, Pharmacies, Wisdom & Wellness Centers)
• THIRSTY THURSDAY (Wineries/Breweries)
• FOODIE FRIDAY (Restaurants) http://www.ledger.news/support_local/foodie-friday/article_099c5018-7806-11ea-8f5e-e703d4daa3a4.html
• SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY (Automotive, Business Services, Cleaning Services, Entertainment/Outdoor Recreation/Lodging, Retail)
• SUNDAY RESOURCE ROUNDUP (Assistance, County Services, Events, Local Government, Schools/Education, State/National Government, Transportation, Utilities, Youth Assistance/Childcare)
*SUBMIT YOUR LISTING:
Email your listing to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Support Local," or call (209) 223-8761 with any questions. *Deadline submission for our Friday print edition is Tuesday by 4 p.m. each week. Advertising on the “Support Local” list includes our social media pages, website and print editions, and is a service we are providing FREE of charge throughout the duration of the “Stay-At-Home” Order issued by the Governor.
GET BOTH THE FREE BUSINESS DIRECTORY LISTING PLUS AN AD. Inform your customers of your new operating procedures, sales & promotions! Include hours & days of operation, services available, current operating guidelines such as half capacity, revised menus, masks required, curbside & other delivery options, sales & promotions, etc. This is a 4-week listing, guaranteed to be published in every Friday print edition and shared on our Facebook page. This is a custom ad, that will include a logo and border. To place a Support Local Stimulus Package ad, please contact our Advertising Team at (209) 223-8761 and ask for Beth, Patty, or Mica. *Deadline submission for our Friday print edition is Tuesday by 4 p.m. each week.
Due to the length of the list, we cannot guarantee every listing will be in every print edition. Space and ink are limited. Portions of the list may be printed in our Friday edition of the Ledger Dispatch. However, all listings can be viewed in our print editions using the Ledger Dispatch app. All listings will be posted on our website and social media ASAP.
PLEASE send updated information if things change, so we may keep our list updated for your customers! We do ask that the information in your free listing be as long term as possible. Things are changing for us all daily during this pandemic, so we understand if operations change, however, we cannot list short term sales, hours that change daily, holiday specials, etc., as our staff and time are limited.
For paid advertising, please contact our Advertising Staff at (209) 223-8761 and ask for Beth, Patty, or Mica.
FOR THE FREE “SUPPORT LOCAL” LISITNG, WE ASK THAT YOU FOLLOW ALL THE SAFETY & HEALTH PROTOCOLS IN THE STAY-AT-HOME ORDER. #FLATTENTHECURVE
Tough times come and go, but our home, this community, will rise above it – together. We hope you consider our FREE offer, and if there is anything else we can do, know we are in it with you.